Feature


Thursday, October 1, 2009

The End of My Powwow Season!

Hi Everybody,

The end of my powwow season is rapidly approaching! Don't get me wrong, I could use a break in my hectic schedule, but the fact remains, that the seasons harsh winter weather is about to set in at Pine Ridge! If you keep abreast of the One Spirit website, you know the call has gone out to support my efforts to raise money for One Spirit, by supplying Native American items (No resin, plastic or chinese made items) for me to resell. It's absolutely necessary to focus on funds raised, because this, the most important time of the year, where the cold can bring about incredible difficulties, for families at Pine Ridge, we need to provide wood, blankets, food and other supplies that are so important to the survival of the Lakota people. I'm sure if you're reading this post, you're involved with One Spirit already and are helping in whatever way you can. But, if you have a native mandela, dream catcher, bow, arrow & quiver, wall hanging or other native items collecting dust in a closet, please know, that item could be helping our cause to raise money, to support our efforts assisting the Oglala Lakota Sioux become self-sufficient. If you have an item you're unsure about, e-mail me at brokenfeather@verizon.net to inquire about it. Please, I beg you from the bottom of my heart, that you can make a difference in the life of a Lakota family! I concider the people that support One Spirit, the finest bunch of people from all walks of life that simply care about a people that have been neglected by the United States Government since their mid 1860's treaty! The reality remains that a $1.00 gain, can provide $3.00 worth of fresh fruit or vegetables for a child or elder, that's not a normal part of their diet! Never ever think a dollar won't make a difference. Please, do you have an idea about raising funds to assist our cause, let us know! Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment