Feature


Monday, June 29, 2009

Medicine Bear Pow-Wow, Rochester, NH
























Hi Everyone!

This past weekend I was a vendor at Medicine Bear Pow-Wow in Rochester, NH. The third pow-wow of the new season for me as a fund raiser for One Spirit. The weather certainly wasn't perfect, but I managed to raise over $500.00. I had an expecially nice treat, when Diane Capalario and her husband visited me on Saturday, to see first hand all the stupid things I do and say to grab peoples attention, on behalf of One Spirit. Shown above is a picture of me and Diane at the pow-wow. I can't begin to explain the great joy I get raising money for One Spirit and ultimately the Oglala Lakota people. You don't have to be a Donald Trump to raise money. Such events as a yard sale, bake sale, flea market vendor, adopting a school/church/temple for fund raising, etc. The important part is realizing that every single donation, small or large is critical to the support of on going programs that One Spirit promotes. I give each person that purchases a item from me the same enthusiastic thanks, whether the sale was a dollar or twenty dollars. They need to know that they're making a real difference in the life of a Lakota person.

More on my excursions for One Spirit soon!

Edward Broken Feather

No comments:

Post a Comment