Feature


Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Can You Spare a Square?

Lorna, a fellow volunteer, writes:

When I first learned about the living conditions on Pine Ridge, I thought, "What can I do?". Well being a crocheter and on several Charity Crafting yahoo groups, I know how generous crafters can be. So, I spread the word and boy did they come through! They sent hats, booties, baby sweater and blankets, lapghans and 400 + squares.
But, we need more squares. Bright colors, dark colors, baby colors, any colors. We need sizes 6", 7" or 12" WW acrylic or wool (just label them "wool"). Think warm when choosing a pattern. Patterns with no holes are best.
Have the yarn, but no time or projects started and will never get back to or squares that are too small? We will take them and put them to use. I have joiners waiting for squares.
Please contact me at lfletcher@nativeprogress.org for more information or the address to send the yarn and/or squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment